Appointments and Fees
Rates for 2021
Consultations are now available via Telehealth (phone or video consults) or face to face (in clinic face to face) at the below rates:
- First Consult & Mood Assessment/Diagnosis/Treatment Plan $320.00 – 90 minutes
- Ongoing regular patient $245.00 – 50 minutes
- Unemployed/Student= upon request
- A rebate of $86.15 is applicable from medicare and will be accessible under a Mental Health Care Plan (MHCP) (20 rebates per calendar year as from Oct 2020). New changes announced by the federal government in April 2020 now allow Telehealth (includes Skype, Zoom, video or telephone sessions) medicare rebates until further notice.
- You will need to continue to have your GP or psychiatrist review and manage your plan – this can now be done via Telehealth over the phone with your usual GP.
If you wish to discuss your financial concerns or individual needs before consultation I welcome you to please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or Ph: 02 9331 7546 to arrange a financial solution that can ensure you can access services.
Mental Health Care Plans (MHCP)
Medicare subsidises the first 20 visits with a psychologist per calendar year for Australian residents. Currently, the rebate payable to you is $86.15 per consultation. Automatic rebates to your nominated account with medicare are available and processed overnight. To be eligible for the rebate your GP or treating psychiatrist will be need to make a referral to myself using a “Mental Health Care Plan” before your first session. Please email this referral to before our first session.
Health Fund Rebates
Your private health fund may also subsidise a small portion of your appointment fee if you are not claiming the medicare rebate. Please check with your individual health insurance provider for your eligibility before you attend if you wish to claim. You cannot claim medicare and private health rebates for the same service at once. Not all funds are allowing Telehealth rebates for Covid-19 Telehealth sessions – check with your insurer first. HICAPS rebates available in clinic.
Fees are payable upon the conclusion of your session at reception or if online at the end of the session. Medicare rebates are processed overnight to your nominated account. Credit Card authorisation forms are required for all new patients.
Please note due to the specialisation required I do not treat children or patients under the age of 18 yrs.
Medico Legal Reports & Family Law Reports
Reports are available for existing patients for Section 32 Mental Health Act claims or the Disability Services Pension at a cost, upon request. Your intention to claim or lodge a report must be made known prior to making your first booking. Reports are taken on and approved on a case by case basis.
Unfortunately I cannot take on workcover patients.
Please provide a minimum of 24 hours notice by calling Ph: 02 9331 7546 or the full fee will be charged. Credit card authority to charge forms are required in advance of booking please.