Appointments and Fees
Consultations are now available via Telehealth (phone or video consults) or face to face (in clinic) at the below rates:
- First Consult & Assessment/Diagnosis $320.00 – 90 minutes
- Ongoing regular patient $245.00 – 50 minutes
- Unemployed/Student $120.00
- A rebate of $86.15 is applicable from medicare and will be accessible under a Mental Health Care Plan (MHCP) (10 rebates per calendar year). New changes announced by the federal government in April 2020 now allow Telehealth (includes Skype, Zoom, video or telephone sessions) medicare rebates until September 2020 or further notice.
- You will need to continue to have your GP or psychiatrist review and manage your plan – this can now be done via Telehealth over the phone with your usual GP.
If you wish to discuss your financial concerns or individual needs before consultation I welcome you to please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or Ph: 02 9331 7546 to arrange a financial solution that can ensure you can access services.
Mental Health Care Plans (MHCP)
Medicare subsidises the first 10 visits with a psychologist per calendar year for Australian residents. Currently, the rebate payable to you is $86.15 per consultation. Automatic rebates to your nominated account with medicare are available and processed overnight. To be eligible for the rebate your GP or treating psychiatrist will be need to make a referral to myself using a “Mental Health Care Plan” before your first session. Please email this referral to before our first session.
Health Fund Rebates
Your private health fund may also subsidise a small portion of your appointment fee if you are not claiming the medicare rebate. Please check with your individual health insurance provider for your eligibility before you attend if you wish to claim. You cannot claim medicare and private health rebates for the same service at once. Not all funds are allowing Telehealth rebates for Covid-19 Telehealth sessions – check with your insurer first.
Fees are payable upon the conclusion of your session at reception or if online at the end of the session. Medicare rebates are processed overnight to your nominated account.
Please note due to the specialisation required I do not treat children or patients under the age of 18 yrs.
Medico Legal Reports & Family Law Reports
Reports are available for existing patients for Section 32 Mental Health Act claims or the Disability Services Pension at a cost, upon request.
Unfortunately I cannot take on workcover patients.
Please provide a minimum of 24 hours notice by calling Ph: 02 9331 7546 or the full fee will be charged.