Appointments and Fees
Online Telehealth Video & Telephone Fees
If you wish to discuss your financial concerns or individual needs before consultation I welcome you to please contact me at email@example.com or Ph: 02 8328 0360 to arrange a financial solution that can ensure you can access services.
- If you have current full time employment the 50 minute rate is $245.00 per hour.
- A rebate of $86.15 is applicable from medicare and will be accessible under your usual Mental Health Care Plan (MHCP) (10 rebates per calendar year).
- You will need to continue to have your GP review and manage your plan – this can now be done via Telehealth over the phone with your usual GP.
Unemployed Patient (during Covid-19)
- If you or your carer has had employment terminated or affected by COVID-19 I will now be offering bulk billed services (no charge) for 50 minutes.
- You will need to have a valid Mental Health Care Plan (MHCP) made out to myself from your GP or Psychiatrist
- 10 sessions per calendar year are available
Mental Health Care Plans (MHCP)
Medicare subsidises the first 10 visits with a psychologist per calendar year for Australian residents. Currently, the rebate payable to you is $86.15 per consultation. Automatic rebates to your nominated account with medicare are available and processed overnight. To be eligible for the rebate your GP or treating psychiatrist will be need to make a referral to myself using a “Mental Health Care Plan” before your first session. Please email this referral to before our first session.
New changes announced by the federal government in April 2020 now allow Telehealth (includes Skype, Zoom, video or telephone sessions) medicare rebates until September 2020 or further notice.
Please also email any other reports or referrals from specialists that you may have. I also highly encourage first time patients to create a life time mood time line to share during their first session.
Health Fund Rebates
Your private health fund may also subsidise a small portion of your appointment fee if you are not claiming the medicare rebate. Please check with your individual health insurance provider for your eligibility before you attend if you wish to claim. You cannot claim medicare and private health rebates for the same service at once. Not all funds are allowing Telehealth rebates for Covid-19 – check with your insurer first.
Fees are payable upon the conclusion of your session. Medicare rebates are processed overnight to your nominated account. Credit card payments are processed automatically during the start of our session using the online reservation system and the card you have registered with. American Express cards are not accepted. Direct Debits are also available.
Please note due to the specialisation required I do not treat children or patients under the age of 18 yrs.
Medico Legal Reports & Family Law Reports
Reports are available for existing patients for Section 32 Mental Health Act claims or the Disability Services Pension at a cost, upon request.
Unfortunately I cannot take on workcover patients.
Please provide a minimum of 24 hours notice via the SMS service prior to your cancellation or the full fee will be charged.
New Patient Forms